In This Section
- Board of Regents Purchasing Policy Changes
- Competitive Bidding
- Professional Service Agreements
- Conflict of Interest
- Purchases from Faculty or Staff
- Procurement Card
Amazon for Business
Purchasing is excited to announce Amazon Business will be available in eBuy on Tuesday August 17th.
eBuy is the University’s preferred procurement method for our contracted vendors. This system creates an entirely electronic process from procurement to payment, reducing redundant data entry and order process time. eBuy helps you get what you want, when you need it and faster & easier at University of Iowa’s contract price!
Current users of Amazon Business:
- Seamless transition to eBuy - just start ordering. Your account has already been transferred along with previous purchase detail.
- Shipping Address: Amazon Business punchout will show a shipping address of PCO as designed. You do not need to change. Your correct ship to code will be inserted when your order is loaded to preqs.
- Changes in quantity or line items will need to be made while in the Amazon punchout. Changes to the cart cannot be made when in eBuy or in preqs. Order will be cancelled if changes are made in eBuy.
- If you have used your @uiowa.edu email address place a personal orders on the Amazon.com retail , your personal Amazon account will need to be updated to a non @uiowa email address prior to ordering through eBuy.
- If you are accessing a non-University Amazon for Business account with you @uiowa email address you will need to de-register their business account prior to ordering through eBuy.
- Instructions to assist with these process can be found at https://ap-purchasing.fo.uiowa.edu/purchasing/preqs/ebuy including usage guides Amazon user guide, Amazon quick tips
University purchases with Amazon will no longer be made through www.amazon.com with your procurement card. All purchase will be made through the eBuy business account.
Questions may be directed to eBuy@uiowa.edu.
Or visit the following link for more information about eBuy https://ap-purchasing.fo.uiowa.edu/purchasing/preqs/ebuy
Frequently asked questions
Question: Ship to information; my order in Amazon states it will ship to 125 S Dubuque St PCO-202, Iowa City, IA 52240 but I would prefer this delivered to my address how do I change it? Answer: No need to change this ship to address at check out, just click “Deliver to this address” you will enter your Ship to code in the Preq's system later in the process.
Note; though this screen states it is the ship to location; the system only needs it for confirming the order. If this address is changed, your order will not process.
Question: Can departments still buy materials, books, gift cards and such that they have been getting previously on Amazon? Answer: Yes the same purchases previously made from pcard can be made through eBuy.
Question: Someone else will now be buying how will that work if they don’t have a pcard? Answer: Any UI employee is able to access eBuy so the users who are not initiators would be able to shop Amazon and at checkout would assign the cart to a pcard/initiator to transfer to a requestion.
Question: Will users be able to look at previous orders on Amazon? Answer: Users will be able to access old order history as this will be the only way to access the Amazon system moving forward.
Question: If an order is not generated to a PO within the 7 days (hasn’t completed through workflow) will whomever created it be notified it’s cancelled? And if it’s cancelled will it be in the “cancelled orders” section of Amazon? Answer: If the PO is finalized in workflow the requester will get an email that it is cancelled after approved. It will show as cancelled in Amazon punchout.
Question: as we work through this new model how will items be shipped? UPS does not deliver within SFCH… will the dock folks be doing it? Answer: The delivery model is the same, this part hasn’t changed and will function as it has in the past.
Question: Will we have to do receiving? Answer: Receiving would only be required for transactions that fall into the following (generally this is considered a high dollar order or capital equipment mostly)
- An IACT of 6230, 6231,6231, 6730, 6731 or 6740
- a PReq total > or equal to $25,000
- a PReq total > or equal to $10,000 and uses an IACT between 6200-6235
Question: If you happen to receive “Application Error code 403” upon check out, this may be due to security settings within your browser. Answer: We recommend that the security level is set at standard and ensure that cookies/cache is not deleted upon exit from the browser.
Question: Having trouble accessing previous purchases before 8/17/21? Answer: Log into eBuy then navigate to Amazon. Once in Amazon click under your name and navigate to "Your Account", then "Your Orders". Once here click on order details and either paid by the University or paid by you.
Question: Looking to purchase an Ebook or Audiobook? Answer: Contact USS Supervisors as they are your campus connection for purchasing these items email@example.com. Users will need to provide the item that they would like purchased as well as names and emails of whom the books will be going to. Please note these books are not for sharing.
What Do I Need to Do
To purchase go to eBuy.
Will my purchasing process remain the same?
Yes, your purchasing process will remain the same. The Amazon Business is now a contracted supplier through the U.S. Communities Cooperative for The University of Iowa extending program benefits.
- Business Prime Shipping: Free two-day shipping on any eligible products, no matter the order size. For items not eligible for free 2-day shipping, you can receive free standard shipping on eligible orders over $25. Additionally, you will have early access to lightning deals on Amazon Business.
- No sales tax for purchases of products shipped and/or sold directly by Amazon. Please note, products sold and/or shipped directly by third parties may still be charged sales tax by Amazon however the purchases can be transitioned to another method of purchase to ensure taxes are not charged.
- Access to a specialized Amazon for Business customer service team.
- Local and Diverse Economic filter option allows you to filter products that are sold by local/diversity business.
- Users are reminded that the University Amazon Business Account is for University Business related purchases only.
- Personal purchases are prohibited and could result in user access to the University Amazon Business account being removed.
- All UI purchases need to be shipped to a UI address. (It is the departments discretion after they are received on campus to send them off campus from that point.)
- Products which require a medical license to purchase are not available to purchase on Amazon.
- Please note any rewards Amazon sends you; the University does not allow you to accept.
- Any future purchases through Amazon shall be made through the University’s business account.
If you have questions pertaining to refunds, login issues and your University Amazon Business account the Amazon Business account phone number is 1-888-281-3847. For Amazon University related questions not pertaining to eBuy please contact Tammy Paulus 319-467-0359.
Other Helpful Tips:
Some University users have received messages from Amazon including offers such as Amazon Smile and benefit programs for Local Associates. According to university policy, users should not participate in these offers. Please contact Purchasing if you have any questions. We also encourage you to report to Purchasing if offers are continued to be received.