In This Section
- Board of Regents Purchasing Policy Changes
- Competitive Bidding
- Professional Service Agreements
- Conflict of Interest
- Purchases from Faculty or Staff
- Procurement Card
FedEx and UPS University Account Setup
For freight services, the university established a university account for FedEx and UPS. The account offers the following benefits for users who are set up under this account.
- Contracted discount rates
- Auto-load detail to card statement
Set up the account:
Please contact Erik Hoadley for any questions regarding account setup, wrong charge, update PCard in your account, etc.
- Erik Hoadley: 319-335-0407, email@example.com
UPS Delivery Process Change-Signatory: As of April 2018 for University of Iowa and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics deliveries UPS will no longer be requiring signature upon delivery of all packages. The overall experience and interactions with UPS staff shall remain the same with the exception of University employees requiring to sign for all packages. A summary of changes are detailed below and attached (include final attachment as link) as well as an escalation contact in the event issues are experienced.
- Overall the service experienced should be the exact same as it was previously with UPS drivers with the only exception being signature. There should still be interaction with the driver to allow time for review of delivered packages etc.
- If the driver does not provide this level of service or interaction users should contact our account Manager Shelly Perez at 515-985-9164 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Shelly will need to know the physical location of the occurrence, the date, approximate time of occurrence and the tracking number(s) of the packages that were left.
- In the off event that an interaction does not occur and products were incorrectly delivered to your location users can call 800-742-5877. The instances of this should be low/unlikely as the expectation is the driver will always interact with those who are receiving the packages.
- For dock locations there should not be a bulk drop off at the dock without signature being required unless the delivery is meant for that dock location (it is their order and not another end user within the hospital/location).